- 3/20/1931: Able Bodied Seaman and Lifeboatman Certificates
- 4/18/1934: 3rd Mate's License
- 8/3/1936: 2nd Mate's License
- 2/15/1938: Chief Mate's License
- 10/16/1939: Master's License
- 1930's - 1943 worked for Pocahontas Steamship Line, carrying coal between Norfolk and Boston;
Chief Mate of James Ellwood Jones and Bylayl.
- 1943: Master of the Brockton and Liberty Ship Enoch Train.
- 1944: Master of Liberty Ship Harold T. Andrews.
- 1945: Master of Liberty Ship J.E.B. Stuart.
- 1946 - 1948: Chief Mate on James Ellwood Jones, Union Victory and
- 1949 - 1951: Deck Officer for Grace Line, serving on the Santa Cecelia,
Santa Olivia, Santa Rita, Santa Catalina and Santa Ana,
C-2 class combination passenger/cargo ships known
as the "52's" for carrying 52 passengers. These vessels sailed between New York
and the West Coast of South America, via the Panama Canal.
- 1952 - 1954: Deck Officer for Calmar Steamship, serving on the Marore,
Feltore, Seamar and Massmar.
- 1955 - 1965: Deck Officer for Isthmian Steamship, serving on the Andrew Jackson, a
C-2 chartered from Waterman SS, and the C-3's Steel Recorder, Steel Designer,
Steel Navigator, Steel Admiral, Steel Vendor, Steel Age,
Steel Seafarer, Steel Apprentice and Steel Scientist.
- 1966: Master of North Hills for Sperling Steamship.
- 2/3/1966: Died Bremen, Germany.